Hi, I'm Andy
I am a permanent resident of Australia, with full work rights. I am easy going and fun, but thoroughly professional at work. I am married to Sarah and we have 3 boys, aged 20, 18, and 13. As a family, we enjoy traveling, and outdoor activities, such as camping and exploring. We are a social and likeable family, with good morals and great community values. In my spare time I can be found attending meditaion classes, building websites and developing my IT skills, as well as heading inland at night for some night-time Astro-Photography.
I possess excellent communication skills, as well a passion for the technical and computing side of any business. I am fully proficient will all common office software, and have often utilized applications such as MS-Access & Excel to build custom work platforms to streamline efficiency and time.
GF Oats, Highfields, Australia
April 2020 to present
In this busy and challenging role, I am responsible for the day-to-day running of a small office and warehouse. I maintain and update 3 websites for the company, and regularly work with WordPress, Shopify and WooCommerce. I use QuickBooks as well as the full range of MS Office. I am responsible for all incoming and outgoing goods, and working to a tight deadline is a pre-requisite.
As part of my role, I have developed new systems for GF Oats, to streamline efficiency and the company has seen a large increase in productivity. After the Covid Pandemic caused my last firm to close down, GF Oats was only meant to be a temporary position, and while I am enjoying my time with the firm, now is the moment to seek a more meaningful challenge.
- Efficient running of a small busy office
- Planning and managing production.
- Invoicing and accounting
- Stock Control
- Website maintenance
- IT and Computer maintenance
- New systems and developement
Botanica Brands, Wellcamp, Australia
December 2019 to April 2020
Responsible for the efficient running of a busy cold-pressed juice production facility in Wellcamp. Driving efficiency and productivity, and managing the office and production teams, while at the same time improving overall site budgets and meeting KPI’s. Reporting to the Board of Directors in Sydney & Hong Kong. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I was stood-down from duties, and had to find alternate employment, so never had the chance to realise my potential with Botanica Brands.
- Production Scheduling
- Recruitment of staff
- Maintenance of all machinery
- Stock Control
- Product development / R&D
- Overall site responsibility
Pixifoto & Dadfords, Northampton, UK
May 2011 to Dec 2019
Managing Director, overseeing my own two small but growing companies. My day-to-day aspects of the job focused mostly on the production and technical side of the business, but I retained overall responsibility for all aspects including personnel, budgets, production, and business growth and development. I sold my two businesses in December 2019 after being offered a position in Australia.
- Business development and growth
- Quality control on all levels of output
- Recruitment & HR
- All aspects of shop floor production
- Reviewing, refining and developing company direction and strategy
- Building reputation in the market, with customers and suppliers
- Improve margins, while maintaining high standards of service
- Build and maintain the company websites. Code in CSS and HTML 5
- Planning, designing and implementing marketing campaigns
Technical Service Engineer
Photo Corporation, Northampton, UK
August 2006 to May 2011
I was based in the UK head office as service engineer for all production machinery in the main facility, and also as mobile engineer for all remote locations in UK, Ireland and Holland. I was responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the extensive range of large factory production machinery, and all off-site technical equipment. Advanced fault finding, diagnosis and repair. Speed was critical with this, as all down time would affect deadlines and targets. I also provided phone and dial-in support for 90 studio locations, with around a 50/50 split between production floor and remote support.
- Lead techincal support for UK and Holland
- Site machinery maintenance
- Quality control within production workflow
- Fault-finding and repair
- Implementing of new policies and procedures
- Work under pressure to meet targets and deadlines
- Training new members in machine operations
- Prioritise faults in order of severity
IMI Cornelius, Sheffield, UK
2002 to 2006
Product assembly and testing line, assembling beverage products. I moved to into the production of engineer’s manuals detailing instructions for engineers and shop-fitters. I wrote help-desk manuals for customer support agents and end users. I would frequently work on the production line to ensure that procedures were followed and operations progressed as smoothly as possible
- Production of technical manuals
- Development and testing of new products
- Production line assembly setup
- Organising of production stations to maximise efficiency
- Manage stock levels of individual production components
1998-2002 – Lynx Express Logistics – Sheffield, UK – Duty Manager
1996–1998 – Mr Kipling Cakes, Rugby, UK – Sales Rep
1995–1996 – Co-Operative Group, Northampton, UK – Store Supervisor
1995 – Eurofleet, Kettering, UK – Trade Plate Driver
University of Northampton
Mechanical Engineering, National Diploma 1
Trinity High, Northampton
GCSE, 10 Passes
Toowoomba State High, QLD
O-Level 7 Passes
I’d love to here from you; please fill in the form below, and I’ll be in touch asap!